Join the URGENT WEEK OF ACTION February 21st-28th!
Day 1: Friday, February 21st
* Send cards and letters of love, support and healing energy to Mutulu! Given his medical situation, Mutulu may not be able to respond, but he appreciates mail. Send printed articles and/or tell him what you are doing in your community. Show the Bureau of Prisons a flood of support for him, so they know people are watching!
Dr. Mutulu Shakur #83205-012
P.O. Box 14500
Lexington, KY 40412
Day 2: Monday, February 24th
* Post your strong support for compassionate release for Dr. Shakur on social media! Use hashtags #MutuluisWelcomeHere, #FreeDrShakur, #StraightAhead and tag us on:
Twitter – @freedrmshakur
Instagram – @freedrmshakur
Facebook – Join the ‘FreeMutuluShakur’ group, create a post, & share it on your timeline
Day 3: Tuesday, February 25th
* Urge your member of Congress to sign a letter supporting Dr. Shakur’s compassionate release for humanitarian reasons. For routing to your Representative, go to https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative. Most Members of Congress provide email contact information on their websites. For telephone contact information, call the U.S. Capitol switchboard, (202) 224-3121. Please use the cover letter, compassionate release support request flyer, and sample letter below to ask them for a letter of support to send to Dr. Shakur’s attorney:
Brad Thomson, Attorney
People’s Law Office
1180 N. Milwaukee
Chicago, IL 60642
Cover Letter for Requests to Support Compassionate Release
The Compassionate Release Support Request
Sample Letter to Edit in Writer’s Own Words
Day 4: Wednesday, February 26th
* Sign and share the petition for compassionate release for Mutulu!
Day 5: Thursday, February 27th
* Donate whatever amount you can for family visits, medical records analyses and experts, legal visits.
Please send financial donations to Family and Friends of Dr. Mutulu Shakur on Paypal.